5.11 Tactical acquired

September 8, 2016

 

MODESTO — Modesto-based tactical clothing company 5.11 Tactical has been acquired by Compass Diversified Holdings for $400 million.

Compass Diversified Holdings’ initial equity ownership in 5.11 as a result of the transaction is approximately 97.5 percent. 5.11’s management team invested alongside Compass Diversified and own the remaining 2.5 percent.

Modesto businessman Dan Costa developed the 5.11 Tactical brand in the late ‘90s as part of Royal Robbins. It began with the 5.11 Tactical pant for mountaineers but has since expanded into clothing and gear aimed at first responders, military and others with a need for purpose-built tactical apparel.

Compass Diversified Holdings owns a number of middle market businesses, including Liberty safe, which designs and makes premium home and gun safes; Anodyne Medical Devices, which designs and manufactures medical therapeutic support surfaces and other wound treatment devices; and Ergobaby, which designs and markets wearable baby carriers and strollers.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *