STOCKTON — The Greater Stockton Chamber of Commerce is looking for some new energy for its board of directors. The chamber will be accepting applications for the volunteer group through April 15.
The volunteer leadership provides energy and direction for programs and services and serves a vital role in establishing chamber policy and providing guidance to committees and staff.
The applicant must be a member in good standing at the time of application and must remain so throughout their entire board term which runs July 2016 through June 2019.
Applicants must also be willing to meet the following requirements:
- attend board meetings on the fourth Thursday of each month at 4 p.m. except for January and December. Only three unexcused absences per year are allowed
- serve on at least one committee in addition to the board
- assume responsibility for expenses for official Chamber meetings
- become familiar with programs and benefits
- commit to sponsoring one or more new members per year by actively promoting the benefits of membership
- attend functions and serve as a liaison between the membership they represent and the board
Applications can be downloaded be clicking here.
For more information, visit www.stocktonchamber.org and click on Chamber message.