MODESTO — Save Mart has named the manager of its S-Mart Food store in Stockton its Manager of the Year.
Vince McFarland received the company’s 2016 Nicholas J. Tocco Outstanding Store Manager of the Year Award last weekend.
McFarland will celebrate his 48th year with Save Mart this year.
“It’s a great honor to be chosen Store Manager of the Year,” McFarland said. “I love people, both our customers and my employees. I take pride in the fact that I’ve trained more than 30 people and helped them grow professionally within the company.”
Vince began his career with Save Mart in 1969 in Oakland as a bagger for Lucky Supermarkets, another Save Mart Companies store. He rose through the ranks and worked at stores in the Bay Area.
In 2012, he moved to the Central Valley, managing a few stores there before taking over the Stockton S-Mart Foods in 2015.
Nominees for Manager of the Year included:
This year’s nominees included:
- Mike Moreno – Save Mart in Ripon, CA
- John Bettencourt – Lucky on Portola Avenue, Livermore, CA
- Luke Houston – Save Mart in Riverbank, CA
- Chris Benson – Save Mart on North Carson Street, in Carson City, NV
- Charles Brauer – Save Mart on North West Avenue in Fresno, CA
- John Burgess – Save Mart in Sparks, NV
- Lawrence Grable – Lucky on East Monte Vista Avenue in Vacaville, CA