Updated Friday, October 1, 2021 – 11:45
CSIF considers that to “guarantee the safety” of public employees the modality should be a presence of 40%
SEPE office in Madrid.Javi Martnez
A total of 229,348 public employees of the General Administration of the State resume this Friday, October 1, the face-to-face work. Teleworking will continue, but only for 20% of the day (that is, one day a week), except in special cases of people at special risk from the pandemic. The Independent Trade Union and Civil Service Center (CSIF) denounces that the resolution of the Ministry of Finance and Public Function “does not meet the necessary requirements to guarantee the return to face-to-face work in the best conditions,” so it has not signed it.
CSIF’s proposal is to reduce physical presence to 40% of the day and telematics to the remaining 60% (or, in other words, work in person two days a week and the other three, from home). “Our proposal is in accordance with Law 2/21 which, in its article 7.1e, indicates that measures must be adopted for the progressive reincorporation in person to jobs and the empowerment of telework,” they explained in a statement.
The organization considers that this measure would allow “a return to physical presence with maximum security guarantees for all public employees” while allowing the telematic work to continue developing “which has been very positive in the General State Administration.”
Public employees, laments CSIF, still have doubts about the security measures against Covid: “There is still uncertainty and they do not know what measures will be implemented in different common areas of the work centers and on capacity in the dining rooms, meeting rooms , elevators, among others “.
This resolution, they denounce, “does not correspond to the philosophy on digitization, the reduction of emissions and energy savings that the Government defends.” In his opinion, the Administration “should value the positive experience that the performance of the work in telematic mode has entailed.” This, they emphasize, “has guaranteed the operation of the Administration and the maintenance of benefits to citizens in areas such as Employment, Public Finance, Social Security and many others” during the pandemic.
On the other hand, they point out that the return to presence will be carried out “with diminished workforces”, as in the case of the SEPE, which will terminate another 500 interns at the end of the month. “The lack of personnel also stresses other services of the General State Administration, an area that is under minimal conditions and that requires a strategic plan to guarantee its viability, taking into account the aging of the workforce and the thousands of people who will retire. in the next five years, “they explain.
According to the criteria of
The Trust Project Learn more