Coronavirus —

The American boxer of Mexican origin Alex ‘El Cholo’ Saucedo will face the American Sonny Fredrickson in a fight 10-round junior welterweight on June 30 in Las Vegas. Sam Katkovski, Saucedo’s manager, said the fight is confirmed, though the location has yet to be confirmed.

Sources close to Bob Arum, promoter of the Top Rank company, also confirmed the fight, which originally It was scheduled for April 25 on the Naoya Inoue-John Riel Casimero undercard, but was canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic.. Katkovski said Saucedo’s fight against Fredrickson will be the main event of the evening.

Saucedo, who is 29-1 with 19 knockouts, who competed for the junior welterweight title in the World Boxing Organization (WBO) in November 2018, and lost in seven rounds against Maurice Hooker, will make his debut in 2020. Katkovski expects his ward to fight a few more times this year by saying that “it all depends on our partners and our promoter, Top Rank. If his schedule continues to have so many dates, we will be back in the fall, I hope so. Alex comes out clean and healthy. So we can come back with a much bigger fight, maybe against Arnold barboza

Saucedo, who lives in Oklahoma City, has been in Los Angeles since last week working with coach Pedro Neme at Churchill Boxing Club.. Fredrickson will appear to the ring with mark of 21-2 and 14 knockouts, and lost a majority decision before Samuel Teah in his most recent fight in November.