If we stick to what happened about the rings, maybe The most talked about event over the past year referring to WWE was that defeat suffered by Bray Wyatt / The Fiend in Super ShowDown at the hands of Goldberg. And perhaps it would not have generated so much controversy had it been a duel without titles on the table, but it had the Universal Championship as a backdrop.
Logically, the internet wrestling community cried out against such a creative decision, because it hurt a rising talent like Wyatt, whose facet of The Fiend has been one of the great attractions of the company since its debut in 2019. Everything, to reward a legend who no longer needed to prove anything, much less wear a scepter at 54 years old.
As a result, the tag “#cancelwwenetwork” became a trend in the hours after the crash, evidencing the evil that affects the McMahon Empire: its lack of potential new icons precisely because of the misuse of old ones in programming.
► YouTube does not lie
Alfred Konuwa, one of the brightest WWE analysts in the American press, published in Forbes his traditional article about the McMahon Empire YouTube videos rated best and worst by fans each year.
And it is no coincidence that that of Goldberg making four Spears to The Fiend is the one with the most «dislikes», with 38 thousand, 35% of its total percentage of reactions (compared to 71 thousand «likes»).
It should be clarified that these a priori figures are not conclusive due to such percentages, since all videos always have a greater number of “likes” than “dislike”. But in any case, on a larger or smaller scale, I do believe that they are enlightening about the opinion of the public.
Here are the two annotated lists (with the original names of the videos included in order to facilitate your search).
1. Edge returns at the 2020 Royal Rumble – 434,000 likes (98.82% likes)
2. RETRIBUTION attacks Braun Strowman on the August 21 SmackDown – 265,000 likes (95.67% likes)
3. Braun Strowman flips fan with The Miz and John Morrison inside on the June 5 SmackDown – 179,000 likes (94.21% likes)
4. Becky Lynch announces her pregnancy on the May 11 RAW – 178,000 likes (97.48% likes)
5. Roman Reigns feeds King Baron Corbin dog food on the January 31 SmackDown – 154,000 likes (94.65% likes)
1. Goldberg spears The Fiend 4 times at Super ShowDown 2020 – 37,000 dislikes (35% dislikes)
2. Roman Reigns emerges as the next challenger for WWE Universal Champion Goldberg on the February 28 SmackDown – 14,000 dislikes (15% dislikes)
3. RETRIBUTION swarms Braun Strowman on the August 21 SmackDown – 12,000 dislikes (5% dislikes)
4. Braun Strowman flips fan with The Miz and John Morrison inside on the June 5 SmackDown – 12,000 dislikes (5% dislikes)
5. Roman Reigns feeds King Baron Corbin dog food on the January 31 SmackDown – 8,600 dislikes (5% dislikes)