«Kawasaki Strong 2021»Was the first major event of DDT in 2021 and took place at Culttz Kawasaki, with three championships in dispute.
► «Kawasaki Strong 2021»
The KO-D Quartet Championships is being revitalized, but will be temporarily KO-D Quartet Championships due to the global COVID-19 pandemic. Shinya Aoki was the captain of the winning team (Super Sasadango Machine, Antonio Honda and Kazuki Hirata) beating Danshoku Dino’s team (Sanshiro Takagi, Toru Owashi and Makoto Oishi).
Yukio Naya has shown a better physical condition after losing weight, but that was not enough so that, together with Kazusada Higuchi, they could prevail over the ducpla of HARASHIMA and Yuji Okabayashi, who combined so well, that they are already aiming for the Championship by Parejar KO-D.
Yuki Iino made his triumphant return to wrestling after recovering from a spinal epidural hematoma. He led All Out (Konosuke Takeshita, Akito and Shunma Katsumata) to victory against DAMNATION (Daisuke Sasaki, Soma Takao, Mad Paulie and Yuji Hino).
In order to prepare for the defense of the Universal DDT Championship, Yuki Ueno trained Jiu-Jitsu with Shinya Aoki so that he could learn to defend himself against Yukio Sakaguchi’s attacks. His training paid off and he was able to reverse a Sakaguchi submission with a Doujime-Style Sleeper Hold to secure his third defense.
In the stellar turn, Jun Akiyama defeated Tetsuya Endo to win the KO-D Open Weight Championship. In addition, Akiyama exacted revenge for the loss he suffered in the 2021 D-Ou Grand Prix at the hands of Endo. He focused his attacks on Akiyama’s operated knee, but he responded with Piledrivers and Suplexes to wear down the Endo monarch and later defeat him.
Kenta Kobashi was in charge of giving the belt to Akiyama, although he did not let him put it on his waist, since he recognized that Endo is a great fighter and beat him by a very small margin. He will only wear the title on his waist until he manages to beat another fighter who has defeated him in said Grand Prix. He then determined that his first defense will be against Kazusada Higuchi.
The full results are:
DDT «KAWASAKI STRONG 2021», 02.14.2021
Attendance: 900 viewers
1. Mizuki Watase and Hideki Okatani defeated Yusuke Okada and Toi Kojima (8:30) with a Watase Crab Hold on Kojima.
two. KO-D Eight Man Tag Team Title, Decision Match: Shinya Aoki, Super Sasadango Machine, Antonio Honda and Kazuki Hirata defeated Sanshiro Takagi, Danshoku Dino, Toru Owashi and Makoto Oishi (12:49) with Hirata’s One-Shot Reverse Miracle Inside Cradle over Takagi – conquering the title.
3. Super Women’s Pro-Wrestling War ~ Sakiranahana: Saki Akai and Maya Yukihi defeated Saori Anou and Miyako Matsumoto (10:52) with a Rookie Award from Akai over Matsumoto.
Four. Special Six Man Tag Match: Super Delfin, Chris Brookes and Maki Ito defeated MAO, Keigo Nakamura and Mirai Maiumi (14:07) with Ito’s Crab Crab Elbow Flying Big Head over Nakamura.
5. Special Tag Match: HARASHIMA and Yuji Okabayashi defeated Kazusada Higuchi and Yukio Naya (13:34) with HARASHIMA’s Somato over Naya.
6. Yuki Iino Return Match ~ DAMNATION vs. ALL OUT !: Konosuke Takeshita, Akito, Shunma Katsumata and Yuki Iino defeated Daisuke Sasaki, Soma Takao, Mad Paulie and Yuji Hino (20:34) with Iino’s Spear on Paulie.
7. DDT Universal Title: Yuki Ueno (c) defeated Yukio Sakaguchi (17:10) by arbitration detention (Doujime-Style Sleeper Hold) defending the title
8. KO-D Openweight Title: Jun Akiyama defeated Tetsuya Endo (c) (31:11) with a Modified Sternness Dust α – conquering the title.
There are just a few days left so you can support the fighter and collaborator of SUPER LUCHAS, Heavy Boy, with any amount. who is raising funds for a delicate surgery.