We share this healthy and very simple recipe for lentil soup with vegetables. In addition, it is suitable for vegans.
To prepare this delicious recipe for lentil soup with vegetables, you need the following ingredients:
- ½ kilo or 2 cups of lentils
- 4 cups water
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 onions
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 1 carrot
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- Salt to taste
Makes 4 servings
- Add a tablespoon of oil to a skillet over medium heat, add the chopped tomato, chopped onion and chopped carrots. Stir and sauté until the onion is translucent and the carrots are cooked.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add water, the lentils, half the onion, the garlic clove and salt to taste. Stir and cover. Let cook for 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Add the vegetable sauce to the pot with the lentils, cilantro, chicken broth and salt to taste. Stir and cook over low heat for 10 minutes for the flavors to blend.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
We recommend: Meatball broth with vegetables, Dal Rojo or Red Lentils.
See more recipes on YouTube Guacamouly and don’t forget to subscribe to our channel to keep up to date with the recipes fresh from the kitchen.