in

Telephone operators threaten to strike in March – Latest News, Breaking News, Top News Headlines

The Telephone Operators Union of the Mexican Republic (STRM) decided to extend a strike notice to March 24, in order to implement an action plan to defend their labor rights.

Some 28 thousand unionized telephone operators carried out a 24-hour collective strike this Wednesday, in the face of what they considered as a lack of disposition of Telefonos de México (Telmex) to advance in the resolution of pending labor issues.

➡️ Stay informed on our Google News channel

In a statement published this Wednesday, the STRM accused the Federal Telecommunications Institute (IFT) of putting Telmex at risk with measures such as functional separation, provided for in the telecommunications reform, and América Móvil of initiating the progressive dismantling of the telecommunications company. telephony and commit violations of the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CCT).

« I report that, in view of Telmex’s intention to eliminate the rights acquired in Clause 149 of our CCT, telephone operators throughout the country are holding a 24-hour strike to express our rejection of this company’s claim, » said Francisco Hernández , general secretary of the union, on Twitter.

In addition, according to the general secretary of section 69 of the telephone operators union, Pablo César Sevilla Lucas, in the review that was carried out last year of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, Telmex tried to eliminate clause number 149 that grants them a retirement for part of the company to all workers.

The union members decided not to accept it and called for a strike that would break out on January 20, but given the circumstances of the pandemic and other factors they considered extending the outbreak until March 24 and on this date only a collective offense, that is, no one attended. to work and accept that the day is considered as not worked.

« We are not going to let the company take away a right we have already earned, we are making a collective fault, we are 30 thousand workers who are missing work this day throughout the country and in Guerrero approximately 1,500 », said the leader of the telephone operators .

Sevilla Lucas indicated that because the revision of the Collective Bargaining Agreement in which the company wants to eliminate the clause has not been completed, the hiring process of 1,100 new workers who have already carried out all the selection processes has also been stopped, all that remains is to sign the contracts, but it cannot be done until the retirement issue is resolved.

Meanwhile, Ricardo Castañeda, secretary general of Section 18, said that there was a consensus to postpone the strike pending reaching agreements with the firm.

In social networks and different cities of the Republic, users complained about the slowness in the attention in Telmex.

The company told El Sol de México that the 24-hour collective failure started this Wednesday would not affect its service, although it did not give a position on the location or the strike.

With information from Mirna Herández / El Sol de Tampico and Abel Miranda / El Sol de Acapulco

New Pokémon Snap is seen in a Japanese commercial video – Latest News, Breaking News, Top News Headlines

Joe Biden sworn in as US president with call for “unity” – Latest News, Breaking News, Top News Headlines