It was a huge revelation for comic book fans when it was confirmed a couple of days ago that Jon Kent, Clark Kent’s son, is bisexual. A good part of the social networks published positive comments about this creative decision, however, there were others who agreed. Example of the above is John mandel, a member of the Republican Party, former Ohio State Treasurer and current US Senate candidate, who did not welcome Jon’s sexuality at all; made some controversial statements on networks and of course the criticism came quickly.
Do not miss: DC Comics writer criticizes Henry Cavill’s Superman
Months ago, Ethan Van Scriver spread the rumor about the bisexuality of Superman’s son and many fans trusted his words due to his long years of work in the comic industry. DC confirmed it a couple of days ago and many comic book fans celebrated, but not Mandel, who in his Twitter bio describes himself as “a protector of America’s Judeo-Christian foundations,” someone who in the past has been “censored by Facebook and Twitter” and claims to have been the first functionary in Ohio to openly support Donald trump. Through his Twitter account, the politician published a message about Jon Kent’s bisexuality:
Bisexual comics for children. They are literally trying to destroy America.
We invite you to read: Dean Cain criticizes DC for making Superman bisexual
Bisexual comic books for kids.
They are literally trying to destroy America. https://t.co/dI6MR64W23
– Josh Mandel (@JoshMandelOhio) October 11, 2021
The post of Mandel It has been filled with negative comments, publications that criticize the official’s thinking and point him out for his discriminatory cut. That Jon Kent belongs to the LGBT community is a never-before-seen twist in Superman’s lore, but it also represents an important step in the fight for the dignified representation of this minority in the entertainment industry. Superman: Son of Kal-El # 5 is the comic in which we see Superman’s son alongside his love interest Jay Nakamura.
Although it is a little early to anticipate the facts, it is inevitable to wonder if at some point in the future we will see Jon Kent on the big screen. The truth is that the path of the current Superman in the cinema is not exactly brilliant; We are talking about the incarnation made by Henry Cavill, an actor who seems to have no hope of returning to the DC Extended Universe after his stint in Zack Snyder’s Justice League – 82%, a film that is not even seen as canonical by Warner Bros. The studio will probably develop a new story for The Man of Steel with another actor, leaving the adventure of the version played by unfinished. Cavill.
Below we present a series of tweets that criticize or make fun of the words of Mandel.
1) Who are ‘they’? 2) It is a bisexual comic, not a bisexual comic. 3) If a 44-year-old man doesn’t know that comics haven’t really been a ‘kid’ thing for almost 30 years, what else is he unaware of? 4) In the United States, more than 500,000 LGBTQ children attempted suicide last year, many because they felt lonely, as if there was no one like them to identify with. If this story even saves one life, it is far more true to the spirit of Superman than anything else you can do.
4) In the US, more than 500,000 LGBTQ kids attempted suicide last year, many because they felt alone, like there was no one like them to relate to. If this story saves even 1 life, it’s far truer to the spirit of Superman than anything you’ll ever do.
– ClevelandBhoy (@ Choops34) October 11, 2021
Wait for you to discover that Superman is also an undocumented immigrant.
Wait unil you find out tthat Superman is also an undocumented immigrant
– Santiago Mayer (@santiagomayer_) October 11, 2021
Superman means Truth, Justice and the American way. Ergo, bisexuality is the American way, and Josh Mandel is a communist.
Superman stands for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Ergo, bisexuality is the American Way, and Josh Mandel is a commie. https://t.co/sFrWC7mMjl
– delirious quips (@CitizenQuips) October 11, 2021
Here is the United States of America 1776-2021. Killed by gay Superman comics, what a shame.
Here lies the United States of America 1776-2021. Killed by gay Superman comics what a shame
– Z🎃cchaeus (@Alpacapolitik) October 11, 2021
I didn’t realize that America was so fragile that a bisexual Superman would destroy it.
I didn’t realize America was so fragile that a bisexual Superman would destroy it.
– Mitch the Spooky Occultist (@wickedmitch_) October 11, 2021
Superman was created by a Canadian, so we are probably the ones who are planning the destruction of your country. No problem.
Superman was created by a Canadian, so we’re probably the ones plotting the destruction of your country. You are welcome. 🇨🇦
– Alex J Reeves (@GrtWhtNrthAlex) October 11, 2021
You may also be interested in: The Flash: Faora and Zod could appear in the movie