The Real Madrid leads the full Spanish for the round of 16 of the Champions League, after a final day in which they could finish in any of the four positions (including a possible elimination) but which they solved in a big way.
Atlético, Barcelona and Seville They also completed the minimum objective of going to the first knockout round of the tournament, but with mixed feelings. The rojiblancos overcame their ‘final’ against Salzburg with more effectiveness than chances, while the previous day Sevilla fulfilled expectations by leaving Rennes without options.
Many worse sensations were transmitted by a Barça that, once again, fell in the Champions League and although their pass was already guaranteed, they did so with a painful win with Cristiano Ronaldo’s Juventus. The four will be in the pots of the draw on the 14th, but doing it second or first limits the rivals a lot, depending on the conditions: teams from the same country cannot face each other or who have coincided in the group stage.
2020/21 Champions League round of 16 pots:
- Pot 1: Bayern, Manchester City, Real Madrid, Liverpool, Juventus, Chelsea, Borussia Dortmund and PSG.
- Pot 2: Atlético, Porto, Sevilla, Borussia Monchengladbach, Lazio, FC Barcelona, Atalanta and RB Leipzig.
Possible rivals of the Spanish teams
- Real Madrid: Porto, Lazio, Atalanta or RB Leipzig.
- Athletic: Manchester City, Liverpool, Juventus, Chelsea, Dortmund or PSG.
- FC Barcelona: Bayern, City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Dortmund or PSG.
- Seville: Bayern, City, Liverpool, Juventus Dortmund or PSG.