TikTok has revolutionized the content that is generated on social networks. Short videos were already a constant on Facebook, Instagram and especially on Snapchat, but the Chinese application has been ahead of them all on the right in recent months. Challenges, dances, tutorials, everything has a place and in Menlo Park he wants to regain his lost popularity. So much so that will increase the duration of Instagram Reels.
Everyone who has Instagram will have seen news in the searches of the application. Now there are new short videos from all over the world that arrive from the called function Reels. This allows you to make short videos in which different effects can be applied afterwards, just like TikTok does.
But now the American firm puts a new gear on its application and gives more time to its function. Specifically, Instagram Reels can last up to 30 seconds. In this way, users will have the opportunity to make much longer videos. To activate it, you just have to put your finger on the record button and wait until the time limit is used.
When recording you can extend the timer to 10 seconds (this update is rolling out gradually), and Reels will also give you the option to trim and delete any clip, making the editing process easier.
How to create and add elements to an Instagram Reel
Do you want to try making one? Select “Reels” at the bottom of the Instagram camera. You will see various creative editing tools on the left side of the screen, allowing you to create your reel. For example:
– Audio: Search for a song in the Instagram music library. You can also record a reel with your own original audio. When you share a reel with original audio, this audio will be attributed to you, and if you have a public account, people will be able to create reels with it.
– AR effects: To record multiple clips with different effects, select an effect from our gallery, developed by Instagram and creators from all over the world.
– Timer and countdown: Set a timer to record clips hands-free. Once you press to record, you will see a “3-2-1” countdown before recording begins for the time you select.
– Alignment: Align the objects of your previous clips before recording the next one. In this way, you can create smoother transitions of different moments, such as when changing clothes or adding new friends to the reel.
– Speed: You can speed up or slow down some of the video or audio you select so that you can keep up or create slow motion videos.
The reels can be recorded in a series of clips (one at a time), all together or with videos from your gallery. Press and hold the capture button to record the first clip. You’ll see a progress indicator at the top of the screen as you record. Stop recording to finish each clip.
The arrival of another rival is on the way
As we have seen Instagram reels with their new 30 seconds look for the possibility of recovering lost space. But she is not the only one who has liked this format. Turns out that Pinterest is also working on a way to add this type of content to its social network. Of course, there are many users who replicate what they do on TikTok in the rest of their networks, something that is obvious due to the watermark that the application itself puts every time you download a video.